1. TRAINING SERVICES
Purpose of method validation: to adequately demonstrate that a particular method is fit for its intended purpose.
Provision of training in the following areas
- ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- Method validation and statistics
- Laboratory safety (for 2nd half of 2016)
2. METHOD VALIDATION
According to ISO / IEC 17025, “Validation is the confirmation by examination and the provision of objective evidence that the particular requirements for a specific intended use are fulfilled.” (ISO / IEC 17025 is the guideline used by assessment bodies when auditing laboratories).
This is a clause that indicates one of the key requirements for compliance of laboratories that are accredited or seeking accreditation. Without method validation, an accreditation body will not consider assessment of an analysis since the ability of the laboratory is brought into question for the particular analysis.
Some aspects of method validation include the following:
- Uncertainty of measurement
3. COMMISONING OF LABORATORIESLaboratories can be commissioned to include some of the following requirements:
- Location of the laboratory
- Design and layout
- Equipment requirements and procurement
- Consumable requirements and procurement
- Assistance with recruitment of appropriate staff
- Training of staff if required
- Compilation of standard operating procedures